Information from the Arrowsic Clerk


Barbara Boyce


 Office Hours:

Wednesday, 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.

Office Telephone: 207-443-4609; Fax: 207-442-9082

Mailing Address: 340 Arrowsic Road, Arrowsic, ME 04530




 Vital Records

 Forms Available at Town Hall

 Election Services


Dogs 6 months and older are required, by State law, to be licensed. New dog licenses can be obtained at Town Hall during regular business hours. Please bring proof of rabies vaccination and spay/neutering.

The cost for a dog license is $6 for spayed/neutered pets and $11 for others. All dog licenses expire December 31st of each year. You may renew your dog license anytime between October 1 and January 31st.

 You must renew your dog license no later than January 31st of each year, or a State imposed late fee of $25 must be charged.

For information regarding animal control issues, please contact Animal Control Officer, Sarah Mancini, 319-3922.


State Of Maine licenses can be purchased at the Town Office. Hunting and Fishing Licenses are issued from January to December and can be purchased beginning in December for the following year. Lifetime licenses may only be acquired through the State of Maine.

Applicants must provide proof of safety course completion or previous licensure and appropriate age for the license being purchased. Requirements for licenses and other information is available on the State of Maine website, Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.

The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife “Summary of Hunting Laws” is available at Town Hall and is updated each fall.


Two resident and one non-resident commercial shellfish licenses are available each year. Licenses are valid January 1 through December 31. Commercial applications become available in September and are chosen by a lottery system. (Check at Town Hall for application and lottery dates.)

Any resident and commercial licenses not sold by December 31st will be offered to non-residents in the order established by seniority (conservation credits) and the lottery.

Recreational licenses may be purchased at Town Hall. Recreational fess are: Resident Recreational - $10; Non-Resident Recreational - $20; Temporary Three Day Recreational - $5.00. Fee waived for recreational harvesters 12 years old and younger or 65 years old and over.


Maine residents must record notice of their intentions to marry with the Town Clerk of the municipality of residence of either party. It is recommended that you print and fill out the marriage intentions form in advance before recording your intentions with the Town Clerk. The Marriage Intentions form can be found at this state site. Your marriage license is created based on the information provided on the marriage intentions form, and then signed by the Town Clerk. Proof of identity, such as a driver’s license, passport or state I.D., must be provided when filing.

 The license is valid for 90 days from the date the intentions are filed. The fee to file for the license is $40. Once your license is returned by the officiant, you may purchase a certified copy for a fee of $15 for one copy and $6 for each additional copy

It is recommended that you make an appointment with the Town Clerk to file your marriage intentions as it will take approximately 30 minutes to review and complete the form.

If this is not your first marriage, you MUST provide a certified copy, not a photocopy, showing how the last marriage ended – either a certified divorce decree or certified death certificate.

Out of state residents may apply in any Maine town or city.

Additional information may be found at this site.


All new registrations (boat, ATV and snowmobile) may be processed at the Town office or in Augusta at the Department of Inland Fisheries and Waterways.

All renewals (including boats) may be processed at the Town office or online (see below).


ATV registrations are valid July 1st thru June 30. Registrations submitted on or before April 30 of the current year will expire June 30 of the same year. Registrations submitted on or after May 1 will expire June 30 of the following year.

The registration fee for Arrowsic residents is $34. Non-resident fees are $54 for seven days and $68 for the season.

ATV's may be renewed online through the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Waterway at


Snowmobile registrations are valid July 1 thru June 30. Registrations submitted on or before 5/31 will expire 6/30 of the current year. Registrations submitted on or after 6/1 will expire 6/30 of the following year.

The registration fee for Arrowsic residents is $47 for a new registration and $46 for a renewal.


You must have a Maine registration sticker to operate your motorboat legally on public waters in Maine. The registration must be on board and available for inspection by an enforcement officer whenever the motorboat is being operated.

Boat registrations run from January thru December and include new, renewals and documented boats. Registrations are valid for one year and expire on December 31 of the year issued.

Owners of any vessels located in Maine must pay their annual excise tax to the Maine town where the vessel is principally located. Please provide the bill of sale for new registrations to determine sales tax owed.

All boats operating on Maine internal waters must have a separate Lake and River Protection Sticker (milfoil). The cost of a milfoil sticker is $10.00

Arrowsic residents may now renew boat registrations online. The Boat Registration Renewal service is available to boat owners who have previously registered their boat, live in or primally dock their boat in Arrowsic and are required to pay excise tax. To register your boat online you will need your registration information (from your prior registration), credit card and a printer if you wish to print a copy of your temporary registration. Your official registration stickers will arrive within 30 days. For more information, or to renew your boat registration, go to


The office maintains Vital Records and issues certified copies of:

* Birth records

* Death records

* Marriage records

A photo ID and proof of relationship is required by state law to purchase copies. The cost is $15 for the first copy purchased, and $6 for any addition copies purchased at the same time.


Homestead Exemption and Maine Veterans Property Tax Exemption forms are available at the Town Office. Homestead and Veterans exemptions reduce the value of your property for tax purposes. Forms must be returned to Town Hall for submission by April 1.

Homestead Exemption: If you are a resident homeowner, you may apply for a onetime property valuation exemption if your Arrowsic home is your primary residence, you have lived there over a year and you do not claim exemption in any other state. Form must be in by April 1. Click on the link for the application form. 

Veterans Property Tax Exemption:  Certain veterans qualify for a $6,000 exemption if they meet the following conditions:

  • Have served during a recognized war and are 62 years or older;
  • Are receiving 100% disability compensation;
  • Became 100% disabled while serving.

Click on this link for more information and to download the application. 


The Town Clerk administers:


*Absentee Voting

*Voter Lists

*Petition Certification

ABSENTEE BALLOTS: An absentee voter is any registered voter who requests an absentee ballot prior to Election Day. The voter does not need to have a reason for voting by absentee ballot. Absentee ballots are available approximately 30 days prior to Election Day.

There are 5 ways to request an absentee ballot:

  1. In person.
  2. Telephone Request: Registered voters may call the Town Clerk at 443-4609 during office hours to request an absentee ballot for themselves only. The Town Clerk will fill out an application for the voter and a ballot will be mailed directly to the voter.
  3. Immediate Family: Requests for an absentee ballot of an immediate family member must be made with the clerk, as these requests need to be made in writing on the application provided.
  4. Electronically: Registered voters may request an absentee ballot electronically through the Secretary of State website. The Town Clerk processes the requests and mails ballot to the voter.
  5. 3rd Party: Registered voters may fill out and sign an application to request a 3rd party to deliver their ballot to them. The Town Clerk will give the ballot to the 3rd person named on the application and that person will deliver the ballot to the voter. In this case, when the voter votes, the absentee ballot envelope must be signed by the voter and also signed by two witnesses, or one “special” witness (i.e. a notary public, municipal clerk, or clerk of courts).


Voter Registration is administered by Amy Smith, Registrar, for the Town of Arrowsic.

A voter must meet the following qualifications to vote in a municipality:

  1. Must be a U.S. citizen;
  2. Must be at least 18 years of age;
  3. Must have established and must maintain a voting residence in that municipality; and
  4. Must be enrolled in a party to vote at a caucus, convention or primary election.

New Maine voters must fill out a Maine Voter Registration Application and provide an applicable I.D. number as follows:

  1. Your Maine driver’s license/Maine State I.D.; or
  2. The last 4 digits of your Social Security number (ONLY if you don’t have a Maine driver’s license/I.D.)

If you wish to change your existing Voter Registration, such as a change of address, please provide proof of new residence.

Voter Registration applications may be completed during Town Office hours and on election day.